1 30 oz can pinto beans (black beans work too)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 to 2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
(You could probably stop here and have bean dip)
Or go on…
1/2 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
1 cup corn meal
1. Drain and rinse your beans. Next dump them into a large bowl and mash them with a potato masher (or use a fork or your fist). If some of the beans are still whole, that is great.
2. Add the cumin, salt, and garlic powder. Be sure to mix after each addition.
3. Add the salsa and mix. After that, add the flour and corn meal a little bit at a time.
4. Put the bowl in the fridge for about 45 minutes to an hour. This gives the flour and corn meal time to soak up some of the liquid.
5. Heat up a grill pan or skillet with some oil. Form your patties and pan fry them. Serve on buns with ketchup, mustard, onions, pickles, etc.
I forgot to take a picture…